Otolaryngologists are physicians trained in the medical and surgical management and treatment of patients with diseases and disorders of the ear, nose, throat (ENT), and related structures of the head and neck. They are commonly referred to as ENT physicians. Their special skills include diagnosing and managing diseases of the sinuses, larynx (voice box), oral cavity, and upper pharynx (mouth and throat), as well as structures of the neck and face. Otolaryngologists diagnose, treat, and manage speciality-specific disorders as well as many primary care problems in both children and adults.
WHAT DO OTOLARYNGOLOGISTS TREAT?
The Ears – for both medical and surgical treatment of hearing, ear infections, balance disorders, ear noise (tinnitus), nerve pain, and facial and cranial nerve disorders.
The Nose – Sinusitis have been a common condition nowadays in our present society. Care of the nasal cavity and sinuses is one of the primary skills of otolaryngologists. Management of the nasal area includes allergies and sense of smell. Breathing through, and the appearance of, the nose are also part of otolaryngologists’ expertise.
The Throat – Communicating (speech and singing) and eating a meal all involve this vital area. Also specific to otolaryngologists is expertise in managing diseases of the larynx (voice box) and the upper aero-digestive tract or esophagus, including voice and swallowing disorders.
The Head and Neck – This center of the body includes the important nerves that control sight, smell, hearing, and the face. In the head and neck area, our otolaryngologist is trained to treat infectious diseases, both benign and malignant (cancerous) tumors, facial trauma, and deformities of the face. They perform both cosmetic plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- General Ear, Nose and Throat Services
– Audiology (Middle & Inner Ear Tests)
– Loss of hearing and balance
– Disorders of paranasal sinuses
– Headache with paranasal sinus involvement
– Nasal Infection
– Nasal Obstruction and deviated septum
– Nosebleeds (Epistaxis)
– Nasal Polyps
– Voice and other throat problems (Hoarseness, choking, swallowing difficulties)
– ENT related operations
- Paediatric ENT
– Childhood Ear, Nose and Throat disorders
- Head and Neck Screening
– Head and Neck cancer, particularly nasopharyngeal cancer
- Allergy Testing
– Food Allergy Testing & Aeroallergen
- Sleep Study
– Snoring and Sleep apnoea
- Industrial Screening
– ENT assessment for licensing of Divers, Pilots and Laser Operations
Conditions We Treat
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Hearing Loss
- Sleep-disordered breathing and snoring
- Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA)
- Swallowing Difficulties
- Voice Examination
- Voice Disorders – Acute and Chronic Laryngitis
- Voice Disorders – Muscle Tension Dysphonia
- Voice Disorders – Vocal Fold Paralysis
- Voice Disorders – Vocal Nodules, Polyps, Cysts and Tumours