DR TAN HENG HAO
Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
FAMS (Singapore), FRCOG (UK), MMED Singapore (OG), (Singapore), MBBS (Singapore)
Visiting Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
Dr Tan Heng Hao has been involved in the field of reproductive medicine since the start of his career as an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (O&G).
He was the:
- Head of Department in Reproductive Medicine, and served as a Senior Consultant in KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital’s (KKH) Endometriosis Centre and Maternity Services;
- The Director of the In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Centre & National Sperm Bank in KKH;
- And he served concurrently as the Deputy Chairman of the Division of O&G and is the current Section Chair of Reproductive Medicine in College of O&G (Singapore).
In addition to being a Ministry Of Health (MOH) accredited IVF specialist in Singapore, he is trained in advanced endoscopy and reproductive surgery for fertility enhancement. He received part of his surgical training in Chang Gung Memorial Hospital (Taipei) under the Ministry’s Health Manpower Development Plan (HMDP) award in 2009 and is one of the few who still performs laparoscopic tubal reversals locally.
He d other benign gynaecological conditions;
- also holds special interest in other aspects of clinical care. They include:
- Advanced minimally invasive surgery for endometriotic an
Managing the care in both IVF and non-IVF pregnancies;
- And performing surgical sperm retrieval for patients with male infertility.
Dr. Tan is currently a Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRCOG). In 2005, he was awarded the top Gold Medal prize (IV Asian Congress O&G) in the Master’s of Medicine Examination in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (NUS). In 2013, he obtained the Singapore Management University Graduate Diploma in Healthcare Management & Leadership.
Professional Appointments and Committee Memberships
He was a Clinical Core Faculty Member in the OBGYN Residency Program and a Clinical Senior Lecturer with Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. He was appointed an Adjunct Associate Professor with both the SingHealth Duke-NUS Academic Medical Centre and Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine.
Throughout his time in KKH, Dr. Tan won numerous awards.
In 2013, as recognition for his efforts as an Outstanding Clinical Teacher in training the next generation of O&G specialists, he was awarded the KK People Developer Award.
In January 2019, he was awarded the Superstar Award– the highest accolade under the Singapore Health Quality Service Award. This served as a strong testament to his belief that the role of a fertility expert has to be more than just being a doctor to his patients.